My daughter loves fairies and we have had a fairy house in our garden before which she loved and now she has her very own secret gateway into the magical fairy world in her bedroom!
Thanks to The Irish Fairy Door Company who sent us a Paint Your Own Fairy Door we were able to create an enchanted door to bring the fairies to life.
Inside the box you will find a magic key in a bottle, three stepping stones, the family/fairy lease agreement (this is super cute!), a notepad so you can write to your fairy as well as the fairy welcome guide, and your door, paints and pens as well as stickers.
Excitedly my daughter set about choosing the colours she wanted for the door and began painting it. Next she signed the family/fairy lease promising to look after whatever fairies may visit, and once the door was dry she added the colourful stickers and we took it up to her bedroom to find the perfect place to put it!
That’s not all you get with the beautiful set though, you can also log in to The Fairy Workplace, name your fairy and enjoy an interactive journey with exclusive stories and play ideas, as well as downloading the Fairy Valley app to discover the fairy village!
These are just some of the benefits of having a fairy come and live with you:
- Self-expression – children are encouraged to make up stories and draw pictures for their fairies
- Language skills – developed through note-writing and reading with family
- Recognition – fairies love to praise and let their humans know how proud they are of their everyday hard work and achievements
- Support – fairies have often been very supportive of lessons when a message is being delivered e.g. “I love it when your room is nice and tidy! It’s makes it much easier for me to come in and out through my door!’
- Make and do – we provide weekly updates, some of which are make and do activities. Once you register your fairy, you receive a weekly email to help the whole family keep the magic flowing easily
- Emotional topics – fairies are amazing at taking worries away and sometimes even help to grant wishes!