I was challenged by BritMums as part of this campaign to share my top family meal. This is my oriental pork recipe. The first time I made this meal for my family was when we bought a slow cooker a few years ago. I wanted to make a tasty nutritious family meal and it was the tastiest pork recipe I have ever eaten! This is why I am so excited to be able to share this oriental pork recipe with you.
As the pork is being slow cooked it really makes a difference to the taste and texture of the meat. The meat is tender and moist and absorbs all of the flavours from the ingredients.
Versatile and Adaptable
As pork is a lean meat it is so versatile, and easily adaptable to your taste and cuisines . You can buy a variety cuts and for this recipe I will be using pork fillet. This makes for a quick and easy mid-week meal.
Not only can pork be lean, but it’s naturally rich in protein, low in salt and provides ten essential vitamins and minerals that supports good health and wellbeing. These are: thiamine (vitamin B11), niacin (vitamin B3), vitamins B6 and B12, riboflavin, zinc, potassium, phosphorus, selenium and pantothenic acid. Lean meat is a dependable part of our family meals, and I enjoy knowing that what I am cooking is healthy for all of my family.
For this oriental pork recipe you will start out by sealing the meat in a pan, adding the ingredients and transferring it into the slow cooker.
Oriental Honeyed Pork
- Slow Cooker
- 550g Pork Fillet
- 4 tbsp Seasoned cornflour
- 4 tbsp Corn oil
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove crushed
- 1 Green Pepper deseeded and chopped
- 400g Tinned Pineapple Chunks drained, reserve juice
- 6 Mushroom sliced
- 4 Ripe Tomatoes quartered
For the sauce
- 600ml Chicken Stock
- 4 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Cornflour
- Pineapple Juice reserved from the chunks
- Cut pork into cubes and coat in seasoned cornflower
- Heat oil in a pan and fry garlic and onion
- Add pork and fry lightly until sealed on all sides
- Lower the heat and add pepper pineapple mushrooms and tomatoes leave on gentle heat whilst preparing sauce
To Make The Sauce
- Mix together chicken stock, honey and soy sauce. Blend cornflour with pineapple juice and add to the mixture
- Add sauce to the pan and stir whilst bringing to the boil
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cover
- Cook for approximately 5 - 8 hours
- Serve with vegetables and potatoes
I like to add a selection of vegetables. My husband and I would have this with asparagus and diced potatoes. For my children they would either have some mashed or sweet potatoes, accompanied by some carrots, broccolli and peas.
I also find that this recipe tastes best the next day as the sauce thickens and gives it a great texture.
For more recipes and ideas please visit www.lovepork.com
This post is part of a paid collaboration with Love Pork and BritMums highlighting red meat family favourites. #FamilyFavourite #Ad