Monster Jam is coming to Cardiff in 2018! 19th May 2018!
I may be a little excited about this! I have always wanted to go and see this and now they’re coming to Cardiff!
Families of the UK rev your engines for the ride of your life! The larger-than-life sport that always leaves you entertained, Monster Jam®, is returning to Cardiff’s Principality Stadium on the 19th May to deliver unexpected, unscripted and unforgettable entertainment for the entire family. Monster Jam takes centre stage in the world’s most iconic venues, Principality Stadium, sporting meticulously manicured dirt tracks created with the sole purpose of pushing these perfectly engineered, ever-evolving trucks to the limit.
Tickets go on sale to the general public on Friday 6th October. Monster Jam priority customers can take advantage of the pre-sale window, which begins today (Tuesday 3rd October at 9am). To register as a priority customer, enabling show discounts and advance booking to get the best seats prior to general public on-sale, go to www.prioritycustomer.co.uk. Show information can be found at www.MonsterJam.co.uk
From the legendary team that brings you Disney On Ice and Marvel Universe LIVE!, Feld Entertainment returns to the UK with Monster Jam. This adrenaline charged, non-stop action motorsports spectacular is set to be more jaw dropping than ever before.
Champion drivers push themselves to their limits in both championship racing and gravity-defying freestyle competitions to fuel fans with an adrenaline rush like never before. Combining high-octane, spontaneous stunts with the ultimate off-road motorsport competition, fans will witness the unexpected and the unforgettable.
Twelve of the world’s most famous Monster Jam trucks, including Monster Jam World Finals® champions Grave Digger® and Max-DTM, will be roaring into Cardiff to bring thrill and excitement like no other show out there. You won't forget the first time you saw a Monster Jam truck defy gravity!
These world-class athletes have mastered not just the physical strength and mental stamina required to compete but also the crucial dexterity to navigate these 10,000 pound machines to amaze audiences with wheelies, donuts, cross ups and big air stunts. Audiences will also see rookies tested like they’ve never been tested before to take on the legends.
- Monster Jam trucks stand 12-feet tall and 10-feet wide, sitting atop 66-inch-tall tires and weighing a minimum of 12,000 pounds.
- 1,500 to 2,000 horsepower is generated by these larger than life trucks that are capable of speeds of up to 70 miles per hour.
- They can fly up to 125 to 130 feet in distance and up to 35 feet in the air.
If that wasn’t enough the ‘Pit Party’ allows fans to meet their favourite drivers, get up close to the Monster Jam trucks, participate in a variety of fun activities and purchase official Monster Jam merchandise such as flags, t-shirts and hats to show support for your favourite truck, team, and driver.
Sign up to be a Priority Customer and get your tickets now!
Here’s some fun Monster Jam facts;
- Each engine delivers about 1,500 horsepower
- Some custom designed trucks require more than 40 hours of paint time
- The average Monster Jam truck team will go through eight tires in one year
- Tires are 1.7m high by 1.1 wide
- It takes 1,500 man hours to build and remove a track
- 300 truckloads of dirt are used to build the track
- 113 litres of paint are used to paint the track and obstacles