With my daughter I was convinced she would be early or at least born close to her due date. But ten days and a good few sweeps later she finally arrived.
Here are some of the signs and symptoms to look for that labour has begun;
• The Show - this is the expulsion of the mucus plug that has kept your cervix closed and protected. It can come out all at once or bit by by.
• Backache - not your usual back ache but a low persistent ache that can make you feel very uncomfortable, often described as a similar ache to period pain.
• Flu like symptoms - feeling nauseas, vomiting and diarreah. This is a sign that your body is having a clear out and making extra space to allow your baby to be born smoothly. It can be an indicator if hormonal changes.
• Regular Contractions - this is a pretty good sign that you're well on your way to meeting your newborn. Your womb will contract giving you tightening pains which will become more intense and closer together.
• Waters breaking - not always as a big gush but your waters can break and you may just feel a trickle. Only about 12% of labours start with waters breaking.
How did your labour start? Was your little born on their due date?
Don't forget you can follow me on twitter @katie4_16 and like us on www.facebook.com/two2under2two